Large blue LED transilluminator
Select from the options above whether you want an unassembled kit (requires soldering the LEDs), a kit with a pre-assembled LED board or a completely assembled transilluminator.
Kit for making a large blue (470 nm) LED transilluminator for viewing DNA stained gels as described in the online documentation.
- Gel viewing area: 14cm x 14cm
- Enclosure size: 16 cm x 20.5 cm x 7 cm (W x L x H)
The LARGE transilluminator kit comes with the following parts:
- 18 x 18 LED array PCB, electronics (DC jack, 6x resistors, switch) and 324 superbright 470 nm blue LEDs.
- Laser cut parts for making the enclosure (6 x black acrylic parts, 1 x clear acrylic part, diffuser)
- Laser cut filters (blue light filter and an amber viewing/imaging filter)
- Hardware for making the enclosure (standoffs, screws)
The transilluminator uses an 18 V power supply which you can choose to supply yourself or purchase with the kit.
The Large Blue LED transilluminator kit is designed for do-it-yourself hobbyist use only and is not designed or recommended for commercial and/or research and development purposes.
Patent Notice: The Large Blue LED transilluminator is under license from Clare Chemical Research, Inc. Licensed under US patents 6198107, 6512236, 6914250 and EP 0965034.