XL blue LED transilluminator
This is an extra large blue (470 nm) LED transilluminator for viewing large DNA gels up to 14 x 28 cm. It is sold as a pre-assembled, ready-to-use unit.
- Gel viewing area: 28 cm x 14 cm
- Transilluminator size: 31 cm x 21 cm (L x W). Height is 4.5 cm without the amber lid, 7 cm with the horizontal amber lid
- 648 superbright 470nm LEDs in a 36 x 18 LED array
- The XL transilluminator uses two of the large 18 x 18 LED array boards.
- Download: LED spec sheet
- Includes two 18V power supplies, one for each of the LED array boards
- Includes a large amber filter for viewing gels
Two large 18 x 18 LED boards are mounted into a black acrylic enclosure to make an XL 38 x 18 LED array. LED light diffusers, a blue filter and a clear acrylic top are assembled onto the enclosure in the same design as the Mini, Midi and Large transilluminators. The amber filter can be mounted onto the transilluminator at a 45 degree angle or horizontally for viewing gels. The XL transilluminator can also be used with the Imaging Enclosure for photographing gels with a smartphone or DSLR camera. Visit the LED transilluminator Page for more information on the LED boards, Hardware and Designs.
The XL Blue LED transilluminator kit is designed for do-it-yourself hobbyist use only and is not designed or recommended for commercial and/or research and development purposes.
Patent Notice: The XL Blue LED transilluminator is under license from Clare Chemical Research, Inc. Licensed under US patents 6198107, 6512236, 6914250 and EP 0965034.