Mini LED Transilluminator
Select from the options above whether you want an unassembled kit (requires soldering the LEDs), a kit with a pre-assembled LED board or a completely assembled transilluminator.
Kit for making a mini blue (470 nm) LED transilluminator for viewing gels as described in the online documentation.
- Gel viewing area: 7 cm x 6 cm
- Enclosure size: 7.4 cm x 13.5 cm x 7 cm (W x L x H)
- Download: 470 nm LED spec sheet
Each blue LED transilluminator kit comes with the following parts:
- 9x8 LED PCB, electronics (DC jack, resistor, switch) and 72 x superbright 470 nm blue LEDs
- Laser cut parts for making the enclosure (6 x black acrylic parts, 1 x clear acrylic part, 1 x diffuser
- Laser cut filters (blue light filter and an amber viewing/imaging filter)
- Hardware for making the enclosure (standoffs, screws)
The LED transilluminator uses a 12 V power supply which can be bought with the kit.
The Mini Blue LED transilluminator kit is designed for do-it-yourself hobbyist use only and is not designed or recommended for commercial and/or research and development purposes.
Patent Notice: The Mini Blue LED transilluminator is under license from Clare Chemical Research, Inc. Licensed under US patents 6198107, 6512236, 6914250 and EP 0965034.