Open source hardware science instruments for research & education
Purposefully designed to be open, affordable, customizable & easy-to-use. Supported by documentation.
Electrochemistry & Biochemistry Tools
Currently we have two signature open hardware tools: the Rodeostat and Open Colorimeter.
The Rodeostat is an open source potentiostat used in electrochemistry experiments. The Rodeostat has been used in many peer-reviewed publications covering a wide-range of studies such as novel biosensor research. In addition the Rodeostat is used as an educational tool for introductory electrochemistry labs.
The Open Colorimeter is an open hardware science instrument for researchers, educators and hobbyists. It is used with colorimetric assays for environmental studies, water-quality monitoring, biochemistry and more.
IO Rodeo Community
Our customers, collaborators and open hardware makers are a diverse group of people from many different countries & backgrounds. The community includes:
- Researchers in academia and industry across a wide-range of fields such as electrochemistry, environmental microbiology, biomedical engineering & more
- Educators from university/college and schools teaching introductory electrochemistry & biochemistry labs
- Students working on a science or hardware project
- Community groups such as makerspaces and DIYBio labs
- Individuals with a passion for Open Hardware who are making and modifying instruments from design files
Learn more about our Mission, Values and Team Members at the link below.
In addition to our open hardware instruments, we also host all of our documentation at blog.iorodeo.com.
Documentation includes tutorials and product guides with links to design files, software, BOMs and more.
We also document ongoing development via our weekly newsletter.
We are always open to collaborations and partnerships. Let's connect! You can reach us via our contact form.
Documentation, assembly instructions & software guides for our open source products
CUSTOMER SUPPORTCONTACT US
Contact us for any questions about our products. We offer technical support & more
Weekly updates on open source science projects delivered to subscribers every Wednesday