Rodeostat: open source potentiostat
New version 0.2
The Rodeostat is an open source potentiostat for performing electrochemical measurements which is designed to work with the Teensy 3.2 development board. It is a very flexible instrument with multiple output voltage and current measurement ranges.
- Current measurement ranges: +/- 1, 10, 100, 1000uA
- Output voltage ranges: +/- 1, 2, 5, 10V
The Rodeostat is sold with a clear acrylic enclosure and a pre-programmed Teensy 3.2. Also included are a USB cable, set of 3 alligator clip cables and a 50K dummy cell.
New features available in version 0.2.
- Adjustable ranges, +/- 1, 2, 5, 10V, for reference electrode measurements
- Digital switches for software control of electrode connections
Blog Posts: http://blog.iorodeo.com/tag/electrochemistry/
Project Site: http://potentiostat.iorodeo.com
The Rodeostat firmware implements many common voltammetric methods e.g., chronoamperometry, linear sweep, cyclic and constant voltage voltammetry. The potentiostat is easily re-programmed with the popular Arduino IDE via the Teensyduino add-on.Rodeostat Open Source Software
1) Software is available in the form of a web-based application which provides a graphical user interface. A description and user guide can be found here: http://blog.iorodeo.com/rodeostat-software/
2) Software is also available in the form of a Python library which enables the users to configure and run voltammetric tests from a host PC. A getting started guide and documentation for the python library can be found here http://stuff.iorodeo.com/docs/potentiostat/Screen printed adapters
Adapters for using screen printed electrodes and additional dummy cell ranges are also available separately in the potentiostat store.